Socks problem

News:

03/MAR/2014 CzDC.org was temporary unavailable because of DDOS attack and hosting service provider issues...
20/JAN/2011 CzDC 0.699 D1 released...
16/JAN/2011 CzDC 0.699 D released...
24/DEC/2009 CzDC 0.699 C released...

Main Menu

Socks problem

Started by Auslander, 22 April, 2006, 22:07:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Auslander

Hi there! I would like to ask you.I am behind tiny firewall (winXP) and conected to Internet through proxy+(win98). I can downloaded hublist, but whenever I try to connect to any hub, I receive various mesages(depends on my try of conncection)
connection passive: unknown address
connection with socks5(written IP adress of computer with proxy) : Socks5: Connection refused by target machine
connection with socks5(wihout any concete address):  Socks5: Address not available

I dont know how to connect to hubs. Hublist are functional, but hubs not. Is there any way how can I find sock5 address of computer wiht win 98? Thanks for your answer.

Mickey

You have to use Passive connection not Socks5. Try other hubs too. Also check if your DNS is working. You can try connecting to IP instead of  hub address. Etc. etc.

Dooble

As far as I know, if you must use a proxy you can use Socks5 connection - but with that you will only be able to chat, not to down-/upload. Also a lot of hubsoft will not accept the connection type 5 and therefore disconnect you from the hub.

Try software or hardware routing instead of proxy to use the full functionality of DC++

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk