D/L filelists

News:

03/MAR/2014 CzDC.org was temporary unavailable because of DDOS attack and hosting service provider issues...
20/JAN/2011 CzDC 0.699 D1 released...
16/JAN/2011 CzDC 0.699 D released...
24/DEC/2009 CzDC 0.699 C released...

Main Menu

D/L filelists

Started by [DK]T-X, 11 December, 2003, 19:05:20

Previous topic - Next topic

[DK]T-X

why does czdc++ D/L filelistes when u seaches for aleternativ sources i takes wery long time if there are over 300 there shares the file

norti

It's a new feature from DC++:

* Added option to automatically download filelist and match it on autosearch match. This will dramatically speed up
 autosearching, lessening the strain on the hubs as less searches have to be done.

It can be disabled in the advanced settings (bottom)

Damian

When it starts downloading file list my connection really go down...
I mean... It gives all bandwidth to file lists and the real downloads speed of file I need go down...
Can anyone explain me how does it speed up?

Quote* Added option to automatically download filelist and match it on autosearch match. This will dramatically speed up
 autosearching, lessening the strain on the hubs as less searches have to be done.
speed up what. this slows down insteed.
this is a thing there is more buggy then the search for alternates or search for release alternates ther are in odc's queue

[DK]T-X

oohhh and by the way it D/L the filelist many times so verry buggy

norti

It really speeds up searches because it does not stresses the hub! Because it matches the whole downloaded filelist with your queue and set all alternate sources! You don't have to find for example all rar, r00, r01.... rxx releases by yourself it does this automatically, and for all other files in your dl queue with matching the lists with your queue. And in some new clients, there is an option for max highest priority downloads slots, that is set to 3 by default so it is max 3 filelist is downloaded at a time (lists have highest priority). I don't think your speed goes down with downloading these lists (except 56k modems, which I think are not very useful in dc...).

If you don't like it, don't use it. The option is yours.

PPK

QuoteAnd in some new clients, there is an option for max highest priority downloads slots
DC++ 0.305 have 3 extra download slots ... i add settings for this thing ;)  

norti

I can't follow you PPK, you develop CZDC sooooo fast  :D

Good work :)

PPK

That's the small thing what i like
DC++ have 3 extra upload slots for filelist and small files ... i have settings to add more slots.
DC++ have small file size 32 KB ... i have default 256 but with setting to set 32 or more ;)
DC++ have 3 extra download slots ... and it's easy to add setting for more or only one  :lol:  

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk